Saturday, October 11

My feet and head are still hurting.

Today was ISSMA Marching Band Festival (?).

Color Guard showed up exactly at 8:30 a.m. and no one had to run laps. We warmed up good too.

The practice went pretty well, I think. And we did okay at the show too. Not as good as we all would've liked, but hey. We did get silver.

We did have transportation problems, but then again, it's IPS. Apparently the bus had showed up at 12:30 and waited there for about five minutes and then left. Baldwin said we were scheduled to load the bus at 1:15. So, of course, he was pissed. I was just worried he was going to call it off and send us all home. But then again, we all worked our asses off this morning, and it wouldn't have been fair.

The other bands were awesome. And I loved Southport's Color Guard.

Baton twirlers are effing hot too.

April and Peter went and got the Band's Silver Trophy. Yay.

So, we came back. My dad picked us up, and two cars away from him was Casey. He waved at me and motioned for me to go to him as he was walking towards me. Pretty much, we walked towards each other. And he gave me a hug. ^^ He apologized for Ms. Brown being mean to me (the Mexican joke).
I don't know, Casey's hug cheered me up a little. I don't know why. Maybe because I do truly respect him. He's still looking good too, Audrey. ^^

Then we went to a chinese place. It was cool. I was so hungry and both my feet and head were hurting. But we still had to go to Toys R Us to buy a gift and go do some grocery shopping. We needed milk.

My day was tiring, but overall, I think the whole band did okay. I don't know what happened though. Were people nervous?

Color Guard did end up putting vaseline in our teeth to keep us smiling. Yeah, it wasn't tasty.

3 comments:

Angie Guinivere said...

Oh wow I didn't know you guys had vaseline on your teeth! Maybe thats why we got a silver performing, lol. I don't know about everyone else, but I had fun today. I saw two friends of mine there from two other bands- one from Southport and one from West Laffayette.

The only thing I hate about a performance is that I won't allow myself to look away from Baldwin, so everytime someone asks me how we did, I can't say because I had no idea what anyone else was doing really.

I'm so glad you're in colorguard, Erick. I don't think I could survive band if it weren't for you, April, Audrey and Kaleem all being in there. I love you guys.

Angie Guinivere said...

Oh-- I meant that we got a silver instead of a bronze because you guys had vaseline on your teeth, not that we got a silver instead of a gold. Sorry if I confused you because I confused myself when I reread my comment! Haha.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you respect Casey. Yea he's lookin good lol. I love you erick