Wednesday, November 26

Still Working

At this moment I find myself still doing work for yearbook and journalism. I don't blame anyone else but me though; I keep putting stuff off. My usual problem.

Today Mid-Terms were handed out during first period. I had all As and a B in U.S. History. That's not my real updated progress though; Ms. Frank didn't realize grades were due so she just gave us the ones she had previously recorded. Lame. Liar. Loser. LaVitch.

I realized that one of the girls under my yearbook section had an F in Journalism. I am partly taking the blame on that because, being the Academics Editor, I haven't given out real assignments.

Speaking of being Editors. I am the Editor-in-Chief of The Cannon, and I truly believe I am not doing as great a job as I could be doing. But then again, there was no Editor-in-Chief last year so I really don't know what to do or what to follow. I know one of my duties is to make sure all staff writers have their stories, but seeming that I am only in one Journalism class I don't ever see or know the other ones. I think that next semester I will take both classes to make a bigger impact and participate in yearbook meetings.

If I auctioned myself, would you bid and strive to get me? I ask this because I want to take part in the fundraiser for The Cannon newspaper and yearbook. And I don't want to do it if no one will even try to get me and just make a fool of myself. That is one of the things Ms. Jesse is afraid of: Feelings being hurt.

Oh yes, of course, U.S. History. Ms. Frank spent half the period looking for our Chapter 9 tests. She seems to have misplaced/lost them. Her usual self on crack, I guess. I really want to make it my job to get her fired. But that is evil and it contradicts my philosophies in life.

Oooh! Remember the new cute boy I've been talking about in my English class? Well, he and I were the only ones done with a small project. I felt special somehow. As if by accomplishing this I will gain his friendship, trust, and love. It's a small step towards the long road of hope leading to the City of Dreams.

I was really busy today during fourth period. I didn't realize until later that I had barely spoken with Summer at all.
It was mainly due to the teacher not being here and me having to help the ENL students since no passes were allowed to go and get help. I was moving around the room from end to end translating and showing where the answers were located in a passage. Then the bell rang. Time went by fast for me.
Even non-ENL students call me George/Jorge now. I love Andres. He is silly. I told him his name was my first name and he said that he was going to change it then.
I let him have the Sports section of my Indy Star and I explained to him why I didn't read that section.

I was surprised to see Tech alumni during Music App today. I thought it was only going to be Chordially Invited. But there were more! I definitely wasn't expecting to see Amber and Claire! They are awesome people. Austin was looking good too.

I guess Ms. Brown wanted to show us off by having us sing most of our songs. This was really bad for the basses (only Angel and me up there!). It didn't help that the guests were attentively listening for later critique amongst each other, as usual. We handled it, though. And later, Lerron showed up and helped too.

Ms. D and Ms. H had some of us on a search for the Christmas trees. Somehow they disappeared. They weren't in the Guitar/Prop Room or the Technician Dressing Room where same-sex members go in and dress for shows at the same time. Ms. H really wanted to locate these two trees to adorn them for Christmas. I hope she found them. I found the small one that they always put by the window on top of the piano in the music office.

Lunch. Yay. Japanese. Yay-er.

SMOGEE. Free day! No IUPUI people showed up and Ms. Solchik wasn't there. Since we are a special class, no assignments were . . . assigned. We talked the whole period and some of us (me) read. Or at least tried to.

Right now we are getting the house ready for visitors. People are coming over to celebrate Thanksgiving with yummy Mexican food.

And I am still stuck trying to write my Illegal Immigration story and making up assignments for my section staff.

2 comments:

Angie Guinivere said...

You inspire me.

WV: alize

A lone idol zealously eats.

Erick said...

Awww, thanks!