Tuesday, September 30

I Have a Dream

I have to memorize MLK's speech before Friday! For a grade! I get double points if I do it right the first time, and also, I might get ten dollars from my teachers.
It's not that hard, I already have more than half of it memorized, but it is time-consuming.

I just got done checking Facebook. I read Steven's note. I think he needs a big hug. That's what I'll give him tomorrow morning. Along with a short note. I sympathize with him because this is pretty much how I feel most of the time. I didn't want to put a comment on his note though, because he's already got advice, and it's good advice. I'll just what I'm planning on doing tomorrow. I do hope he understands me. And I hope I don't chicken out either.
I feel bad today, because he went up to me while I was talking to someone else, and I kind of ignored him. And then he left. I should've done something. Hugged him. I don't know. I feel like a bad friend.

On to a more cheery subject, kind of.
Since I'm working on an "Illegal Immigration at Tech" story, I need to research immigration laws, citizenship procedures and stuff like that. It's going to be a big story and it might not be ready for this upcoming issue. So it kind of sucks, I do have a "List of Clubs" that I put together. It might not have my name, but deep down I'll know it was I who made it!
The Cannon might gather on Oct. 7th to celebrate our hard work.

Ms. Jesse used the title "Editor in Chief" for me! That's my new title!
James Vaughn- Feature Editor
Jasmyn Powell- Opinion Editor
Titilayo- Business Manager
Ariel- Layout Editor
Angie Huizer- News Editor

I don't think I got a single hug today from Josh. It's okay though. I don't want him to get sick of me. I did help a lot though, and I was helping in both English and Spanish, so my brain was all "quat?" Think about it.

Music was okay, I used this time to be all up on Joey's neck. It just smelled so good. I just don't think the boyfriend appreciated me being all over her. I might see his reaction tomorrow during Techoir.
Tomorrow! Techoir! Announcing of the musical! Yay!

Japanese-much. Sensei was talking to us about the toilets they use in Japan; you have to squat on the ground to get "stuff" in there. And there is no toilet paper, instead, there's a jet of water going at like 100 mph up your you-know-what. Not really that fast, but you get my drift. The class thought it was funny. The class, of course, consisting of only four people. We're awesome though.

Science, again, working on test questions.

Band was okie-dokie. We worked on charts. I just hope we can work on the drill tomorrow so the color guard can show off!

I love seeing my "mentee" Every time he sees me he has on this radiant smile, and he brings up his right arm to salute me from far away. It's cute. He's cute. He's a sophomore. From El Salvador. Guillermo Garcia. I love his hair. He has a fo-hawk.


Also, today I finally finished Dean Koontz's One Door Away From Heaven. I really enjoyed it!
Now I'm going to read A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gainese. It's also from Oprah's Book Club.

Message to Steven: I love you.

No comments: