Wednesday, September 3

September

I went backpacking this Labor Day weekend and I had decided I was going to write a long-ass entry including details and my perverted thoughts. But 'tis too late and there really is no time for me to be sitting in front of my computer relating my whole weekend at Morgan Monroe State Forest. I could tell you a few things though: it was awesome and really tiring.
When I got back to Indy, I could barely get out of the car. My scoutmaster said my backpack weighed about 60 pounds. I think he was exaggerating, but I don't know. Thankfully, those backpacks are designed so all the weight is taken care of by your strong muscles in your legs with the help of a hip belt. Hips do die, I discovered. Mine were burning.

Monday, Labor Day, I went to Raccoon Lake in Putnam County. It took us a long time to get there and it wasn't really worth it; we didn't even swim in the beach or anything. We just got there, ate, and came back. Lame. Oh well.

I purchased two pokemon pencils that I will be sending to two of my friends I met while I was at IU's High School Journalism Institute. They be cute.

I'm doing pretty good in school. I want to be more in ICP now because Joshie is there and I gets huggies. And also because I feel good helping the ENL students. They remind me of myself.

I think it's funny that Ms. Solchik gave out pink folders to girls and blue folders to boys in the SMOGEE class. What's even funnier is that she is even printing out worksheets in both pink and blue for their corresponding folders. I think it's cute.

Journalism is tiring me out. Talking to Ms. Bogard was pretty interesting though. I learned that there was a lawsuit filed against her (Tech) for not meeting debt payments. That should be on the school's paper though, I think.

Progress on Senior Scrapbook - No progress
Progress on taking friends pictures for Directory - No progress

No comments: