Wednesday, August 13

Of school - Last first day

Today wasn't too bad. Considering it was the first day of school and what-not. Here's a small overview of my day. My last first day, if I may add.

First period was started off with Journalism. I think this is a great class, mainly because Ms. Jesse is making me the "head" of the newspaper. I have some friends in there; Angie and Tesia. Hopefully they'll like it as much as I do and put all they got into this publication. Oh, I just hope.
Oh, Henry is supposed to have this class too! Might get to "work" with him!

Second period was US History with Ms. Frank. I am not really fond of her mainly because she does play favorites. Last year I wasn't one of them and so I got a C in her class, even though I was probably the only student who did their work and was present every day. Oh well, hopefully it will be different this year. I don't want to suck up to her though.
Dixie, Monique and Benje (!) are in that class too. Benje is. . . a boy, to put it short.

Third period is English 11. Mr. Dinkens is my teacher and he already knew my name before I even walked into the classroom. That was kind of freaky, but meh-ish. I'm popular! Yeah right.
I know some people in this class too; Jorge, and some other random people whose names I can't really remember.
I really liked that Mr. Dinkens showed me off to the class by mentioning that I've taken college classes. Which puts me into the "I-hate-you" side of other students, but who cares about the lower class level.

During fourth period I am a peer tutor/teacher assistant for Ms. Sholchik. She's working on a new textbook and she'll need help handling some students. I sit right next to Benje (again!). I might take advantage of that and do some stuff, -cough-.
We did a wordsearch today. I started way after everyone had and I was probably the first one done with it.

Fifth period is probably the best period ever, after Journalism, of course. This is where we sing! We are doing awesome stuff this year. Pretty fun. I know a lot of people in this class so I'm not even going to mention them.
I was late to this class though. So was my brother. But it's due to our different schedules. Stupid small schools.

Lunch was after, sixth. Lots of peeps. Met a freshman. Her name is Gabrielle. Or something. She's pretty, I think. It feels weird being in this lunch, because I actually eat with my friends, and I'm not used to that.

During seventh period I had Japanese. Pretty okay. We are starting with the new second book because the first one is just shit. Or so Sensei thinks. I was a little rusty, but better than everyone. Sensei told me I could've passed Ball State's Japanese 101 Test right there. "That Was Easy"

Eighth is Honors Environmental Science. Yeah, that class for which I got paid 400 awesome dollars! There are some students in there that are not supposed to. Meh.
Today was pretty boring; reading an article. But pretty interesting too.

After school was Band!
'Twas fun. I like it. People like me too. The thing I don't like is our budget. We don't have money therefore we don't have flags, poles or outfits. My brother is trying to get a grant from Cathedral's Women. They give up to $3,000. I hope we get it. We really need the money.
To make matters worse, Kacy and Kim don't know if they can be in it. Actually, they don't know whether or not they can be at Tech due to district changes. This year they might have to go to Arlington. Sucks for them, and us too because now we are down to four color guard members.
We need an urgent fundraiser. We might go panhandle downtown. Doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Carwash is out of the question because we don't have a location.
Our first show is in three weeks, September 5th.

Hopefully it's just today. I have a story idea too: Tech might not be able to recycle paper this year!

No comments: