Friday, August 15

First Friday - Last

First period, journalism, was just priceless.
Ms. Jesse had shown us a video that compares Indian, Chinese and American students. The class was to write an essay explaining the differences and what we could do to improve our education system.
We found ourselves disrupted by Mr. Michael Armbruster, the Magnet English teacher. He entered the classroom demanding a much promised digital camera for his freshmen and their project. Ms. Jesse, much annoyed by Armbruster's attitude and disruptiveness, handed him the keys to the file cabinet in which the cameras were secured. Armbruster, after much "struggle" to find the cameras, started banging the cabinets. Ms. Jesse, of course, came to our rescue and she went herself and got the camera and gave it to him. This was all during class.
She had as write a journalistic account of what we had witnessed. I don't think I was done, but it was decent considering we had only five minutes to write it.
I had never seen Ms. Jesse this upset.

Ms. Solchik made me sit away from Benje because he talks too much when he's a little excited. I hope he does well and that I get to work with him.
Ms. Solchik is being real nice about the fact that I have to leave early to get to my next class. And besides, I'm a peer tutor and she doesn't really need me for the moment.

Japanese this year will be lots of fun. I hope I get to compete with Elizabeth because she is smart and loves Japanese too. I also hope I can keep all my notes in one place for later review.

Key Club is back in the game. President: Me. That's right. She wanted someone that had been in Key Club before so it was me or my brother. He's running for VP along with Donnell Duncan. I want my brother to get it because Donnell tends to want to take over. Gotta love service projects.

Seems to me Techoir will be awesome this year and I might be going to Prom with Audrey.

Tania's Quince tomorrow!

Today was Kick-Off Day. I totally skipped it. I just went and got my medium sized shirt and left. On my way there, I was greeted with a kiss from Emily Ventress. I guess she had lipgloss on because I could taste it and my lips were kind of sticky. My counselor saw us, and she advertised it. Tee-hee.

No comments: